We’re offering complimentary tyre checks for motorbikes during March.
As the motorcycling season approaches, bikers are beginning to get their motorbikes out ready to ride again and it is really important to check that their tyres are roadworthy and safe before going out on a trip.
We are offering a comprehensive free tyre safety check for bikers, covering tyre pressure, tread depth and balancing and wheel alignment.
A contact patch no larger than the palm of your hand is all that connects motorcyclists with the road surface. Defective tyres can affect handling, cornering and the ability for the motorcycle or scooter to achieve optimum balance for the rider. A few simple checks can make all the difference.
We’re offering the following advice too:
- Tyre pressures should adhere to those recommended by the motorcycle manufacturer or tyre company and these should be checked when cold at least once a week and adjusted if necessary
- Inspect tyres for cuts, bulges, uneven wear or objects embedded in the tread of the tyre
- Tread depth should be a minimum of 1mm (for bikes over 50 cc)
- Old or damaged valve stems should be replaced
- Tyres should be of the same manufacturer or pattern
- Cracked or damaged rims should be replaced immediately.
As well as free bike tyre safety checks throughout March, we’re also offering motorcyclists advice on maintenance guidelines to gain the maximum value for money and performance from tyres fitted.