Our team is providing people with tips on fuel efficiency and saving money.
Paul Rogers, our Managing Director, says: “We all need to make sure we get the most out of a tank of fuel.
“There are some simple steps a motorist can take to use less fuel and ensure their car is kept in a good working order.
“Simply by having your tyres correctly inflated and your wheels aligned you can save pounds. Also ensuring that your vehicle has fresh oil and is serviced regularly will keep it in good condition and save you money in the long run.
“By following our top tips, drivers can help to make their car go further between fills at the fuel pump. This helps save money and reduces the environmental impact caused by vehicles.”
Our tips for using less fuel and cutting car costs are:
- Keep tyres correctly inflated
- Regularly check your wheel alignment to keep your vehicle as energy efficient as possible
- Drive smoothly
- Maintain a steady speed
- Don’t rev the engine
- Change up gears as soon as it is practical
- Avoid engine idling for long periods
- Do not overload vehicles
- Change worn parts
- Avoid peak hour and heavy traffic when possible.