People who visit us throughout July and August will be able to get a complimentary safety check.
During the summer holiday period, millions of people will be planning to set off on a motoring holiday and choosing to stay in the UK.
With many people potentially using their motorhome for the first time since last year it is really important to carry out some basic maintenance checks to ensure it is in a roadworthy condition.
We are offering motorhome owners the following advice to help them stay safe and legal on the road this summer:
- Check and adjust tyre pressures as it is likely these will have decreased during the winter. Top them up if necessary. Check for signs of bulging, cracking, low tread depth or any objects stuck in the tyre. Also, check tyre sidewalls for signs of damage and hairline cracks.
- Double check oil and coolant pressure.
- If your motorhome hasn’t been used for a while, make sure you check the battery. It may be worth charging the battery every six weeks when it isn’t being used.
- Make sure wiper blades are in good working order.
- Check your paper work to make sure you have a valid MOT and tax. If your motorhome hasn’t been used for more than six months it may be worth getting it serviced.
Our outlet is able to cater for all motorhomes up to eight metres and we are happy to offer advice to anyone who may have checked their vehicle but is unsure or just wants a second opinion.
To find out more, please us on call 01934 620 160.